Epson F2160 – raises the bar in productivity and efficiencysublimation
The F2160 was designed from the ground up to provide a complete single-vendor solution with simpler operation, higher durability, and superior imaging. The F2160 is Epson’s latest generation direct-to-garment (DTG) printer. It features enhanced production flexibility, higher productivity, reduced maintenance, and a lower running cost. Optimised for customisation and value-adding on cotton-based garments such as T-shirts, Polo tops, jeans and sweats, it will image onto a range of polyester sports and leisurewear, and can also be used for promotional and décor items including tote bags, tea towels and cushions. Prints can be made on pre-cut fabric or directly to finished garments with a heat press used to ‘fix’ the dye. The printer can be ordered in a 4 colour configuration for high-speed volume production as well as a 5 colour configuration for flexible CYMK + white work. Hardware is covered by a comprehensive on-site warranty with service cover extendable for up to five years.
The SC-F2160 uses advanced Epson UltraChrome® DG ink and our latest PrecisionCore™ print head technology. The print head supports resolutions of up to 1440 x 1440 dpi for exceptional precision and consistency. Enhanced imaging and positional adjustment have enabled improved print quality. Ink consumption has been reduced and density is adjustable to enable variable levels of quality and finish.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Enhanced Productivity – faster frameless loading and an improved print speed. Produce a light coloured T-shirt in as little as 15 seconds and a dark shirt in as little as 52s1.
- Enhanced Print Quality – finer height adjustment for improved ink application and upgraded VSDT (Variable Size Dot Technology) for superior imaging with reduced grain, an enhanced colour gamut and smoother gradation.
- Enhanced Functionality – supplied complete with imaging software. New features enable more flexible editing and arrangement, the addition of customised text, and presentation/ finish adjustment.
- Maximum Reliability – upgraded head design and improved ink management system. Backed with a comprehensive ‘Heads-N-All’ on-site warranty with cover extendable up to FIVE YEARS.2
- Reduced Operational Cost – reduced ink consumption and new Self-Washing Capping System with dedicated cleaning cartridge for simpler operation and reduced maintenance.
- Outstanding Flexibility – supports a wide range of fabrics containing a mix of natural and man-made fibres in thicknesses up to 25mm. Platen options support a variety of production applications and garment sizes/types. Ships in a choice of two configurations; High-Speed 4C for high volume production on light coloured fabric and 5C for flexible production on a mix of light and dark coloured fabric.3
- Easy to Install & Operate – simple set-up with a small footprint and all-front-loaded consumables. Features auto height sensing/checking and a large colour LCD control panel with in-built help and improved thumbnail viewer.
The SC-F2160 in 4C configuration will print a full-sized T-shirt in 9-15s while the 5C configuration will complete a multi-pass print in 52-87s. It ships complete with a standard sized platen to enable a single operator to produce standard adult t-shirt sizes as well as common merchandise items. Additional platens can be ordered separately to suit work environments with multiple operators and separate preparation, pre-treatment and/or fixing stations. Optional platens are also available to suit oversized garments, garments with zippers & buttons, child sizes, sleeve and pocket panels.
The F2160 is designed to ensure enhanced reliability with a reduced running cost. It consumes the minimum amount of ink to complete each print job while achieving optimum detail, colour, and brightness. The printer incorporates an upgraded re-circulation system that manages the sedimentation inherent with white ink (5C configuration) while ensuring minimum workflow disruption.